Original Edition Role Playing Appreciation Day is Saturday May 5th! The announcement was initially made here.
It is my pleasure to present to you this years basic submission guidelines. I presume it is a good idea to address this, as multiple game systems will be allowed this year.
- Your article, product, podcast, etc. must focus on Original Dungeons & Dragons or one of it's derivatives.
- Derivative systems refer to systems based directly upon OD&D, including: Swords & Wizardry, Delving Deeper, Iron Falcon, Warriors of the Red Planet, etc.
- Derivatives of the derivatives will also be accepted: White Star, Crypts & Things, The Hero's Journey etc.
- Additionally I will accept Holmes basic and Blueholme, as the Holmes version of the game was intended as a cleaned up, easy access version of the original game.
- The following will NOT be accepted: Basic/Expert, BECMI, Rules Cyclopedia, AD&D or any direct derivatives of these. I know there are those that count all "Basic" versions of the game as OD&D, but that is not our definition here, or for the purposes of this day. Only the Original game from 1974, it's supplements and derivatives of these (and compatible materials, supplements and modules) will be accepted.
If you want to take part in the festivities this year, here is what to do:
- Write a post, article, free pdf, podcast etc. related to OD&D, accepted systems listed above, or get a sale going with product you already have or announce a new release..
-Email me with a link to you blog, website etc. By 12:00PM Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, May 5th. Email both your link and title/sale.
-Make the subject of your email: "OERAD Post (or sale)" and the blog/site title. Send email to: luxfaust_at_gmail_dot_com
-Make sure to have the actual post/sale by 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on May 5th.
-I will have all links and titles posted here on the blog around 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on May 5th.