5% Of Sale Benefits Gamers & Grognards

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Announcement: New Ownership of The Swords & Wizardry Discussion G+ Community!

Some time ago +Christopher Helton announced that changes were coming for the Swords & Wizardry Discussion G+ Group. The time for that change has come. I've been silent for my part, but now it's time for an announcement. Christopher is done managing the group. I will be taking over as owner. I hope to bring new life to the community. I have quite a few changes that I will be making, so please bear with me over the next several weeks. I hope to implement most of my changes over Thanksgiving weekend. 

Among the changes you will see an updated topics list. Which should look something like this:
  • General Discussion
  • Swords & Wizardry Creative Guild
  • Rules Questions
  • Complete
  • Core
  • White Box
  • Light
  • Variant Rules/Hacks
  • Blog Posts
  • Commercial Advertisements
  • House Rules & Home Brews
  • Seeking Games


What's that second topic? Your eyes don't deceive you. When I first decided to take over the community, this past summer, I talked with +Matt Finch and we are going to bring back the Swords & Wizardry Creative Guild with the new and improved G+ Community as it's chosen forum! By doing this I hope to spark the same sort of third party creativity that we constantly see out of the DCC Community! I hope that we can promote both "official" product from Frog God Games, and a plethora of Third Party Swords & Wizardry product! 

With the new management, may come a new "staff." As Chris leaves he is going to remove all moderators except for Matt. Chris will stay on to help for a few weeks or so, but I will be carefully selecting my own moderators as time goes by. Nor will I allow my moderators to break any of the group rules or use the community as a platform to promote their own work to the exclusion of others. The groups rules will apply equally to all. Those rules will be posted in the near future. For the most part the rules amount to "don't be an asshole" and keep the topics on Swords & Wizardry. I look forward to making this a real Community.

--The Mgmt.
AKA R.J. Thompson