5% Of Sale Benefits Gamers & Grognards

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Step A: Write a Goldenrod thing, Step B: , Step 3: Make profit - Also Domain Level hexcrawls

So, work was busy again.  No HDH this past week.  I worked late and went straight into Goldenrod. Well, I'm happy to say that the first installment of the book, currently being written as LGBs (Little Goldenrod Books) has been completed, edited by myself and sent off to +John Reyst of the Swords & Wizardry SRD for a second edit.  I only owe a list of playtesters and a brief preface on my end.  So, hopefully, someday soon you will be seeing posts and links to pick up the PDF in the Swords & Wizardry SRD store!  

In other news the campaign that I run on Friday nights is, after a few years of semi-regular play, moving into Domain level play.  I am very excited for this.  I can't tell you the last time that we had a campaign go in that direction. Plans have already been made for the keep that they intend to build, and they are being given on 50 mile "hex" on the Lost Lands "Gulf of Akados" map.  Part of the catch here, is that it will be a hex in a less populated area.  The party will have to "crawl" it if they want to find out what is in their hex.  I will be using the maps from Judges Guild's Campaign Hexagon System and a combination of 1E DMG, Campaign Hexagon System and +Richard LeBlanc  D30 Companions to flesh it out.  I have also pulled a few high level modules that can literally randomly pop up.  I don't actually know what is in the 50 mile hex.  This entire leg of the campaign will be a surprise for us all.  

Well, that's my brief post for the day.