5% Of Sale Benefits Gamers & Grognards

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Wintercon and A Brief Update

Hi, I'm +R.J. Thompson.  You might know me from such things as this blog that I used to update.  Work, parenthood and work on the Goldenrod Conventions books have had me very busy and very exhausted.  Some of you may have noticed the lack of the weekly update.  Truth be told, I've had mostly days that have been 17 - 19 hours long with the exception of Sundays for most of this month.  Half of the day is work, followed by dinner and homework with the girl.  Then it's time to get her ready for bed, occasionally with about 20 minutes to sit down and regain my composure.  After she is in bed, it's off to the computer and research materials to crank away at the Goldenrod Conventions booklets for the Sword & Wizardry SRD. 
 
Personal workload aside, the first Goldenrod book is looking splendiferous.  It's quite different than what I originally set out to have in this one, due to the amount of material that has gone into it.  The Guide to Arms & Combat is now strictly a book of Combat rules, options, strategies and systems.  Each of these is modular in nature and does not require any other rule to make it usable in a Swords & Wizardry or other OSR game.  Anyway, it's nearly done... again.  It keeps growing, but I think it's growth is now complete.  I'll update on these books again soon.
 
In other news Wintercon is happening in Auburn Hills MI this weekend.  Some of the same folks that brought you the OSR Track at U-Con this year will be taking over the cafeteria area on the OCC campus to bring you some great stuff.  I will personally be at the con running "Ghost Tower of Inverness" using my Goldenrod rules.  +Adam Muszkiewicz will be there, possibly running some pick up games and +Andrew Moss  will be in running Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea.  If you're in the area and want to come play or run a pick up game, definitely come on down!  It promises to be a fun day.