The Best In Old School Roleplaying

The Best In Old School Roleplaying
Purchases support Gamers & Grognards

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Inevitable Post U-Con Post: Part 1

Hi Everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!)
 
Unless you aren't a regular reader, or don't belong to any groups/communities that I share with (most will read this as "spam") you will know that I helped to coordinate an OSR track at this year's U-Con.  The con was this past weekend and went very well.  On the OSR Track everything went smoothly (if you were in attendance and saw something contrary to this, please contact me and let me know.)  Most of our games were full and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  Our track's guests +Doug Kovacs, +Jim Wampler and +Tim Snider were all a pleasure to have, I only wish that I had had more time to actually spend with them, but managing the OSR room and running games takes time. 
 
I would like to take a moment to thank the people that made it possible for this track to happen, and make it run so smoothly.  I would like to give a special thanks to all three of the guests who were able to make it out, you guys were all great.  Thanks for everything that you did, from you games, to booths to the roundtable discussion.  It was pleasure to have you all, and I hope that you will consider coming back again.  Secondly, I would like to thank the con staff.  The staff at U-Con does such a great job a creating a very comfortable con atmosphere, and are so warm and inviting.  For this and other reasons several OSR gamers decided last year that we should seek to have our own track here.  Without this staff and how they handle the con, we may never have asked.  So, to all of you, thanks for doing what you do and being who you are, not to mention the sheer amount of work that you all put into this con.  Lastly, I would like to thank all of my GMs, Judges, Referees and DMs.  Without you and your enthusiasm for OSR Gaming, there would have been no track.  Thanks for liking what you like and working hard to run it at the con.  I hope that you all want to run again next year.
 
I'll be doing a follow up synopsis post in a few days telling everyone exactly what I ran and played and an exact count as to exactly how many ioun stones were really in orbit around Doug's head last weekend.  Until then, if you were in attendance as a player, GM or guest, please take time to fill out the U-Con 2014 Survey.  If you have something specific to say about the OSR Track, another game that you played, the con itself, the staff, or anything else PLEASE use the comments section so that we know how your experience was.  You the Con goer are important to the staff.  Without you, we wouldn't have a con.