The Best In Old School Roleplaying

The Best In Old School Roleplaying
Purchases support Gamers & Grognards

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hump-day Hildebrandt; Wherein I Start to Give a Fluff.

In today's post I'm giving you three for the price of one (which is actually free unless you're buying stuff through the links on the blog.)  I give you two elf based paintings by the Hildebrandt Brothers and I kick off a new segment that I will occasionally post here called "I Give A Fluff."  The gist of the new post will be a topic upon which I give "fluff" ideas for you to riff off of in your own campaigns.  



I've decided to kick off "I Give A Fluff..." with a bit on elves.  I think that it is safe to say that much of what we see early on in the RPG scene about elves is derived from Tolkien (and possibly a bit of Moorcock)  more than from myth and folklore.   Those "in the know" will likely realize that due to this fact, much of my fluff on elves will be derived from Tolkien and pre-y2k D&D.   I intend to have the first post up tomorrow with "I Give A Fluff About Elves. Enjoy!

Also, don't be alarmed if there are healthy Led Zeppelin references in there...