5% Of Sale Benefits Gamers & Grognards

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hump-day Hildebrandt - and An Apology To My Playtesters

I'm not the sort of blogger that wines or apologizes to the readers for not writing.  However, I will take this chance to apologize to the folks who are waiting for the first Lamentations of the Flame Princess Black Book of Faust playtest packet.  I have missed your deadline a bit here.  I am sorry for that.  I have been spending a tremendous amount of time at the "real job" since beginning to write this.  On top of it, I've been having some computer issues on the home front.  That all said, I am working out some of the details of the first playtest packet tonight, and hope to have it out before the weekend.  I posted elsewhere that I was held up a bit due to figuring out the mechanics for one of the witch's abilities.  Now that I've had a chance to look at it, it will likely not be in the first packet. It will require a, as yet, incomplete rule to function properly, and thus will be in packet two along with the rules for ritual magic.  I apologize sincerely for this, but that is rather why I'm doing things this way.  I want all of the potential issues out of the way before I give my draft to +James Raggi.  I see far to many people running Kickstarters and attempting to sell new product and having to give this sort of apology at THAT POINT.  That simply won't do for me.  If you emailed me about getting a copy of the playtest please be advised that intend to have a good copy to you no later than this Sunday.  It is approaching completion, but I will have a couple of days that I won't be able to work on it.  Therefore, Sunday is looking like the realistic day for packet one.  Until then, enjoy this terror from Tim Hildebrandt from Realms of Wonder: