The Best In Old School Roleplaying

The Best In Old School Roleplaying
Purchases support Gamers & Grognards

Friday, September 21, 2012

U-Con Schedule Has Been Posted

I would urge anyone in the vicinity of south eastern Michigan, who loves gaming to get up to U-Con the last weekend of October.  As it happens, it looks like there will be a lot of old school goodness going on, and lots of fun, otherwise.  The pre-reg is open and the hotel is taking reservations until October 10th.  This looks to be a lot of fun.  If you don't believe me, check out the events pages:


As it happens, I'm running the Castles & Crusades game at 2:00 P.M.  I'm using this as a play test for my module, Fear of the Dark.  I'll also be running the 7:00 P.M. Swords & Wizardry Whitebox demo game. The Tekumel presentation at 7:00 sounds interesting, unfortunately I won't be able to partake, since I'll be running at that time.


Start the morning off right with a session of Stars Without Number.  I'm certain that's what I'll be doing over coffee.  At 10:00, however, there is also a Tekumel game.  I don't know which to play.  Most likely SWN.  Hmm, I must contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.  Not much in the 2:00 slot, but there will be more Tekumel at 3:00. Again a question, do I play Mutant Future at 8:00, go to the Tekumel Foundation update or attend the Kickstarter panel?  Time to get strapped back on the Tree of Woe.  Also, I am debating on running a special "Halloween" themed game for VIPs in my room sometime Saturday evening (possibly Friday.)  By VIP's I mean blog followers, OSR folks and personal friends.  Find me a the con to get an invite.  I have not yet decided what my VIP Halloween game will be.   Also, I'm certain that Saturday night, parties will ensue.  


Lucky for me I don't return to the GM seat until 2:00 P.M.  Good on the Saturday night late games & party time.  On the other hand, the random LL dungeon crawl is very intriguing and ends an hour before my first event!  What's that at 2:00?  That's right.  The return of my Castles & Crusades version of S1: Tomb of Horrors!  Come get some!