The Best In Old School Roleplaying

The Best In Old School Roleplaying
Purchases support Gamers & Grognards

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A New Dragon Collection

Well, one thing that happened to me over the past weekend was very blog-worthy, outside of the fantastic session of the C&C Rappan Athuk Campaign that was played Friday evening (more on that in a later post.)  I went down to the FLGS owned by some of my friends, Warriors 3 Comics & Games, in Wayne Michigan on Saturday.  You can find a link to their website on this page.  Shortly after arriving, I was told to go into the back room for a "surprise."  I was greeted with a large white box filled with old copies of Dragon.  The collection contains a tremendous amount of magazines running from issue 135 - 184!  Most issues are 2E era, from what I see on the dates, but some years predating that.  



One of the "Warriors 3,"  Bill Shaffer, had decided to gift the collection to me.  It turns out that it had belonged to a friend of his that had passed away some time in the past.  Bill had inherited a large portion of his gaming collection, but the magazines had just been sitting gathering dust.  Knowing my love of old school gaming,  he decided to pass the collection to me, so that it would have a good home where it might both get use and be well taken care of.  Just for assurance, it definitely will.  Bill, if you happen to be reading this, thanks again, this was very awesome of you. 

I will be going through each issue (not necessarily in order) and posting about them here.  I don't think I will be doing a "Dragon by Dragon" sort of post, as has been in vogue as of late.  Rather I think I will just be posting reviews and synopsis of  some of my favorite parts of various issues.  I rather look forward to sharing my experience going through these with the rest of the OSR.